The Curragh launch Summer Sounds Series and join forces with GAA Clubs
Some of the best known GAA Clubs in County Kildare are collaborating with the Curragh on a special ticket fund raising initiative for the first of their four Friday evening meetings on 9th August which will aim to launch a partnership between the racecourse and Kildare GAA. The Clubs involved in this initial promotion include Sarsfields, Moorefield, Rheban, Suncroft and Round Towers
The exciting seven race programme next Friday will also include a race to celebrate the new partnership between the racecourse and Kildare GAA with mascots representing some of the clubs, accompanying the jockeys into the parade ring for the race.
The race evening, which features a clash between some of Europe’s leading two year olds in the prestigious Group 1 Keeneland Phoenix Stakes, sponsored by the world’s leading Thoroughbred sales company based in Kentucky, will be the first in the Curragh’s Summer Sounds series with an exciting mix of live music from some of Ireland’s best known performers taking place after the final race.
Moon Looks On will kick off the series on 9th August and this seven piece band fronted by singer songwriter Stephen Gormley are known for their energetic and foot stomping performances
The Hideout will take to the stage after racing on 16th August and this popular duo of Graham Halton and Séan Kenn, who both hail from Kildare, will a welcome addition to the race evening.
The Riptide Movement are set to perform after racing on 23rd August and this will be a great opportunity to see one of Ireland’s most popular bands who are renowned for their phenomenal live shows and soaring, guitar driven, energetic tracks.
The Summer Sounds series concludes on Friday 30th August, when the newly crowned 2019 Rose Of Tralee will be the guest of honour as part of her first official engagement, while an announcement on a special musical guest will be made shortly
Tickets to include admission to the races and the concert are available at www.curragh.ie with on line discount available for all four race evenings. Complimentary transport is available from both Kildare Town and Newbridge
Every Friday on The Breakfast Show Darragh will pick one lucky birthday winner for his €50 vouchers to spend in Bergin's Pharmacy in Naas so listen in and it could be you.
Kfm reserves the right to change these terms from time to time. By entering this, or any Kfm competition, you agree to be legally bound by these terms.
By entering any Kfm competiton, whether on air or on Social Media, you agree to the relevant terms and conditions.
- A prize winner will be notified on air at the time of winning and will be contacted by Kfm following the programme.
- Prize winner/s can be required to collect their prize from the Kfm Broadcast Centre, M7 Business Park, Newhall, Naas, Co. Kildare within 30 days of winning.
- Kfm reserves the right to use all recorded or live material involved in the on-air competition for broadcast or Press. The winner could, also, be required by Kfm to participate in a photo shoot. Kfm has the right to use such publicity photos in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit.
- Employees of Kfm Radio and their immediate families are ineligible to participate.
- Employees of all associated sponsors and their immediate families are ineligible to participate.
- Employees of all promotional partners and their families are ineligible to pariticipate.
- All entrants must be over the age of 18 years of age. Proof of identity and age elibibility of any winner may be required.
- If in the course of a telephone call, the telephone line drops out, or breaks up to an unintelligible level, Kfm reserves the right to proceed to another entrant. In such event, Kfm will not be responsible for the awarding of any prize to the entrant whose line failed or was not of broadcast quality.
- In all matters pertaining to a competition, all decisions by Kfm regarding its administration and execution will be final. No correspondence, or discussions, will be entertained.
- By entering a competition at any stage, you confirm your acceptance of all the aforesaid terms and conditions applying.