A further 25 people are confirmed to have sadly died from Covid19 in the Republic.
13 deaths located in the east, 8 in the north, 2 in the south and 2 in the west of the country
The people included 10 females and 15 males
The median age of today’s reported deaths is 80
18 people were reported as having underlying health conditions
365 new cases confirmed today, bringing the total number of confirmed cases to 6,074, of whom 233 are in Co. Kildare.
Today’s data from the HPSC, as of midnight, 6th April (5,981 cases), shows:
· 46% are male and 53% are female, with 299 clusters involving 1,288 cases
· the median age of confirmed cases is 48 years
· 1,472 cases (25%) have been hospitalised
· Of those hospitalised, 224 cases have been admitted to ICU
· 1,568 cases are associated with healthcare workers
· Dublin has the highest number of cases at 3,268, (55% of all cases) followed by Cork with 431 cases (7%)
· Of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 67%, close contact accounts for 23%, travel abroad accounts for 10%
Additional information is available here