Covid-19 has claimed 17 more lives in the Republic, while 325 new cases have been confirmed.
71 people have now died here from the virus.
The total number of cases also stands at 3,235, following confirmation of 325 new cases.
There are 66 cases in Kildare.
The HSE is now working to identify any contacts the patients may have had to provide them with information and advice to prevent further spread.
To date, 30,213 tests have been carried out in laboratories across the country, as of midnight, Monday 30 March.
Over the past week, the positivity rate for tests carried out increased from 6% to 15%, as per the objective of our new case definition.
Today’s data from the HPSC, as of midnight, Sunday 29th March (2,677 cases), shows:
- 49% are male and 49% are female, with 118 clusters involving 494 cases
- 22% of clusters located in private houses, 20% located in nursing homes and 18% located in hospitals
- Median age of confirmed cases is 47 years
- 703 cases (26%) have been hospitalised
- Of those hospitalised, 113 cases have been admitted to ICU
- 647 cases are associated with healthcare workers
- Dublin has the highest number of cases at 1,487 (55% of all cases) followed by Cork with 238 cases (9%)
- Of those for whom transmission status is known: community transmission accounts for 51%, close contact accounts for 26%, travel abroad accounts for 23%
Additional information is available here
The National Public Health Emergency Team met today (Tuesday 31 March 2020) and made the following recommendations;
- To focus contact tracing on suspect cases within prioritised groups. The HPSC to update guidance to GPs and contact tracing teams.
- Contact tracing to encompass the period from 48 hours prior to the onset of symptoms given the risk of asymptomatic transmission.
- In response to infections in long term residential care (nursing homes, disability and mental health) and homecare settings NPHET will work with the HSE to identify a number of measures which can be taken to strengthen support to staff and providers of nursing home care.